Thursday, February 25, 2010

Divine by Mistake



(The first book in the Divine series)
(2006)
A novel by
P C Cast

Shannon Parker while on summer vacation is doing a little shopping. At an estate auction an antique vase seems to calls to her. After seemingly impossible odds the vase is joyfully hers. On her way home Shannon finds herself without logical explanation transported to Partholon, where she’s treated like a goddess. A very temperamental goddess…


I am trying to remember who told me that I needed to read books about mythical beings. I believe it is my youngest sister-in-law. She was right! If it was you Crystal, thank-you thank-you thank-you! If it was not you, then you should read this anyway!

I really enjoyed this book! I liked the teen books this author wrote and that is why I thought I would take a chance on this besides the recommendation about mythology. Shannon in this first book is a very humorous person and school teacher of a high school English class. She pretty well speaks her mind which in our world is fairly normal. But when you take this outspoken blond and put her in a world on the other side of reality you get a comical rendition of life in Partholan. She is the incarnate of a Goddess and finds her every wish anticipated. Sounds really cool! beautiful surroundings and fine food and finer wine! She fits in fairly good with this new life with a few.... well shall we call them challenges! The person she has changed places with is selfish, cruel and obeyed out of fear. She also is betrothed to a centour!

You will find this book a delight to read. I found myself laughing out loud several times. It is not for teens or children, definitely adult fiction. It is a great way to spend en evening in front of the fire. There is drama. There is adventure. There is laughter! Everything you need to be fully entertained. I became attached to the characters and found myself drawn into this mythical place where the unbelievable comes true! You will look forward to turning page after page!

I went and bought the second book right away! Maybe I should have gotten the third too!

No comments:

Post a Comment