Saturday, May 22, 2010

What they say.......

It is said that all good things must come to an end. I believe ALL things, good, bad and sitting on the fence will come to an end! Today was the last day I was open for business at the video retail store I managed. I really loved that job. Today I had customers come in to thank me, say good bye and show general concern for my well being. I had several that called me and wished me well. I had friends come in just to hang out with me. I did let everyone know that I was staying optimistic and how much it meant to me that they came in or called. In truth I was overwhelmed with the well wishes and the love that poured out to me today. Instead of being a day of sadness and regret for what has happened to our video store I felt as though I received a blessing. I have always wanted to live in a small community where everyone knows each other and cares about each other. I felt that possibly this was that kind of place when I moved here almost 11 years ago. After today I feel as though I truly belong here!

I am going on vacation and am going to take my computer and when I can I will upload pictures and tell you about the places I am going. I will be leaving from Harrison AR going to WA state and back. There is a lot of our country between here and there! I am really excited to spend time with my parents. I will get to see family and have a nice leisurely trip across county with people I love. Of course I will miss my family here but I will return! (that is a promise and not a threat!)

Thank-you for making me feel like I am home and making me want to stay! Thank-you for making this a great day instead of a sorrowful one. I have a great community to belong to!

1 comment: